Thursday, October 28, 2010

October 28: Halloween Practice




Griffin decided from the get-go that he wanted to be Harry Potter for Halloween this year.  Fine by me!  We didn't have to buy a thing!  We did borrow a handmade robe from a friend.  Already had the glasses, Hedwig, light-up wand and broom, made by ME, when Zoey was Katie Bell a few years ago.  I think I might dress up as a Hogwarts student this year, too!


Griff let me put gell in his hair but when he saw it insisted that I flatten it out.  Occasionally after a bath he will comb his own hair, styling it off his face.  Then he will look in the mirror and insist he looks like Draco Malfoy.  Griff has seen the movies and heard snippets of all the books when I listen to them in bed at night, but we have yet to read him the saga out loud.  I think we are a little bored with it and we haven't committed to reading over such a long time span to him at night yet.  The Potterverse is definitely a big part of Griffin's world, though, and we really owe it to him to get cracking.  He even knows the words to the Potter-Puppet-Pals songs. I guess I am kind of hoping he will devour them in a few years when he is able to read them on his own.  The joy of discovery is worth the wait - I just wonder how much of it will be exciting to him knwoing so much about the books already.


I think he looks more like Madame Hooch than Harry, but don't tell him I said that...



No comments:

Post a Comment