Thursday, October 14, 2010

October 14: Aidan's Parent-Teacher Conference




Country Day has an interesting way of doing conferences once you hit middle school.  The homeroom teacher collects grades and comments from the other teachers and then goes over them with the parents.  I like it pretty well.  I'd like to get to talk to all of the kids' teachers one-on-one, but this is pretty thorough.  And, we have never had any academic or social issues with the kids so we feel satisfied with the process.  And, at back-to-school night we get to meet all the teachers and place a face with a name, although there isn't time to have them talk about how brilliant our child is...


Here are a few of Aidan's report cards with comments...






I know that as a parent I am not supposed to focus on this kind of thing, but I am really thrilled and proud of how damn smart my kids are.  Here are Aidan's standardized test scores from fifth grade and sixth grade.   Interesting to see where he is weak and even more interesting to see where he has made some big jumps forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment